Storyboarding

 While developing my storyboard, I enjoyed drawing the scenes the most because it made it almost look like a comic book which I thought was fun. The only parts I found challenging about the storyboard were coming up with the dialogue between the characters and the action that would be in the scene. I think from this experience that I learned the most about how to choose the mise-en-scene of the scenes and how to choose the best shots, angles, and camera movement within each scene. Doing the storyboard allowed Juli and me to perfectly visualize every main scene that would be in our movie. It also allowed us to see what wouldn’t work or look right after putting them in order, so it helped us sequence the scenes in perfect order.  

Annemaree O’Brien talks about how one of the key rules while making a film is to keep them short and simple and that the best way to ensure that is to make sure everything is well thought out, tightly scripted, well recorded and carefully edited. I think that the storyboard was the best way to keep the film simple and short since we only have 2 minutes. James M. Higgins also talks about storyboards and how they’re, “ideal for solving complex problems...”. By doing this activity it helped Juli and I solve the complex problems of where things would be placed in the scene and what would be the most visually appealing way to showcase our ideas. The only real change that we made from our concept refinement was the sequence of events and the best way to make each scene memorable.  

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Team or Not to Team

Creativity & Genre